Pages

Friday, August 4, 2017

You Make Me Smile


Howdy!!  I'm back to share one of my watercolored cards with you today.  I recently bought some digital stamps from Power Poppy because I wanted to make the stamps nice and BIG so I could see where I was coloring.  See, I'm old enough that I have to wear bifocal glasses, and it's hard to color some of the smaller stamps that I have.  I end up taking my glasses off, sticking my nose up right next to the paper, and moving around the image as I color it.  LOL  

So with these digital stamps, I can make the flowers large enough to cover the whole front of a card.  That's what I did with this gorgeous Easy Breezy Coneflower digi.  I printed this on hot press watercolor paper and then I pulled out my Zig Clean Color watercolor markers.  I laid down a little bit of color on the paper and then spread it around with a wet paintbrush.  I just repeated that until my flowers were colored to my satisfaction.

The sentiment is a regular stamp from Power Poppy's Prairie Cheer set.  After my paper was completely and totally dry, I stamped the sentiment with Jet Black Archival ink.  I played around with adding some sequins or ribbon but they just didn't look right.  This is one of those times where you just have to keep it simple.

Because I used both a digital stamp AND a clear stamp from Power Poppy, it qualifies for their challenge that they are hosting this month.  I'm entering this into their Mix and Match challenge for August.  It would be fun to win a shopping spree!  I love Power Poppy stamps!!  :-)


1 comment:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is incredible Holly!! I love your brilliant colors and fabulous coloring!! And you got crazy and combined a digital with clear!! AWESOME!!! I totally get the whole glasses thing too. I have close up glasses, and regular everything else glasses (can't handle the bifocals...yikes), so larger images are nice to work with. Love the clean and crispness of your card too. No sequins or extras needed!! Thanks for joining in on our Power Poppy Power and Spark Challenge this month!!