Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Lace Curtain in the Window



Hi friends! I love making cards with my dies from Classy Cards 'n Such, and I was inspired to play with the window die this time after I bought some of the gorgeous Iridescent White Flowers Lace. I knew I wanted this lace to act as a "curtain" inside the window, so I had to see how that would look.

I started by cutting out some Kraft cardstock with the Small Madison Window die. I also cut out the Small Madison Flower Box from Kraft cardstock. I stamped both pieces with the Wood Texture stamp from Impression Obsession and then sponged a little extra brown ink around the edges. I then cut a small piece of the Iridescent White Flowers Lace and taped it to the inside of the stamped window die cut. Isn't that lace gorgeous??




I glued down the window to a white card base and then I cut out some Leaf Clusters and flowers from the Flower Mound die. I arranged some of the Leaves and Flowers near the bottom of the window and then I affixed the Small Madison Flower Box die cut with some Joy Foam Pads over the bottom of the window. I tucked in a few extra Leaves and Flowers here and there to fill in the flower box. The last thing I did was stamp the sentiment from the Hello Daisy stamp set (JustRite) below the window.

I love that Iridescent White Flowers Lace and I think it would look gorgeous with any kind of window card. Can't you just see this with a fall foliage window or a Christmas window? Ohhhhhh the possibilities!!!

Be sure to use this code, Holly-10, when you shop at Classy Cards 'n Such.  You will save 10% off your entire order, so stock up on dies, lace, and stamps!

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Ha! Before I put my glasses on I thought that wood texture was embossed. Cool stamp! And super cute card. I just placed an order at Classy Cards n' Such and it was shipped the same day. Awesome!