Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Big Floral Hug


I'm back with another card to share with you today.  I wanted to create a sweet little card for someone who needs a hug, and this is what I came up with.

I started with a Kraft card base and I stamped the sentiment from Stampavie's Happy Birthday set at the bottom of the card. Next, I cut some peach colored paper on an angle and embossed it with the Garden Lattice embossing folder. I used the Raspberry spacer plate with the embossing folder in my Grand Calibur - it works beautifully every time!

I adhered the embossed peach paper to my card and then pulled out some flower dies. I cut some white paper with the Large Rose and the Medium Rose dies and used some yellow brads to assemble the flowers. I also cut out some leaves from the Rose Leaf Strip die and some soft green paper. I then glued down the leaves and affixed the white flowers to each set of leaves.

I love the nontraditional look of this card. I can also visualize this in other color combos and with different flowers - wouldn't that be fun? Just spend a whole day making different cards based on this layout? :-)

All these supplies can be found in the Classy Cards 'n Such store.  Use this code, Holly-10, to save 10% off your entire order.  Yes, you can order dies, paper, stamps, embossing folders, glitter, and much more with this savings code.  Have fun shopping!

2 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

So sweet Holly! The embossing is so great and I love the colour, especially paired with these sweet flowers!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! This is fabulous! I love the colors and the embossed design and the flowers. I especially love that the flowers are not too dimensional so the card can be mailed easily. Very cute, Holly!