Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Leafy Gratitude



I was playing with a new stencil and some shimmery Glimmer Mist, and I love how this card turned out. It has sort of an Asian flair, doesn't it?

I started by placing the new Garden Leafy Branches stencil over some white cardstock. I sprayed some Trunk Bay Glimmer Mist over the stencil and white paper, and then carefully removed the stencil. I repeated this again on a second sheet of white cardstock, and then I set both pieces aside to dry completely. You can see the gorgeous shimmer in the picture below:



One sheet was adhered to black card base, and I stamped the sentiment from You Are Beautiful (Impression Obsession) onto the second stenciled sheet. This stamped piece was then cut out with the Vintage Labels Two die. I cut a larger die cut from the same Vintage Labels Two die set and some black cardstock, and matted this with the stamped piece. These die cuts were adhered to the card. To finish off this card, I cut some of the swirls from the Endless Waves rhinestones and affixed them to opposing corners of the card.

Sometimes when you play with your papercrafting supplies, you'll create something beautiful and unexpected. I love it when that happens!  If you'd like to go shopping at Classy Cards 'n Such, feel free to use this code, Holly-10, to save 10% off your order.  There's all kinds of wonderful papercrafting supplies in stock, so have fun!



No comments: