Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Cranberry Acorn Swirls


Happy Thanksgiving!  Today's card is all about the Autumn Swirls Background stamp. I love this gorgeous stamp. Sometimes I just want to show off the background stamp on my card and not cover it up with a bunch of other stuff. Do you ever feel that way? I am showcasing the glory of this beautiful stamp by accenting this with Glimmer Mist, some ribbon, and a sweet little sentiment.

I started with a dark brown card base. Next, I inked up the Autumn Swirls Background stamp (JustRite) with Versamark and pressed it onto some white cardstock. I then covered the white cardstock with clear detail embossing powder, tapped off the excess powder, and melted the powder with a heat gun. After that cooled, I sprayed Cranberry Zing Glimmer Mist all over the embossed cardstock. I let that soak in a little bit and then I wiped the Glimmer Mist off the embossed areas with a paper towel.  This is like the Stain Resist technique from the April 2013 issue of Technique Junkies except I used Glimmer Mist instead of the medium used in that technique.

I set this piece aside to dry for several minutes and I stamped the "Dear Friend" sentiment from the Hugs & Kisses Sentiments set (JustRite) with dark brown ink onto a tiny strip of white cardstock. When the Glimmer Mist piece was dry, I wrapped some ribbon around it and tied it into a bow. I added some Joy Foam Pads to the bottom of my sentiment and added it just below the ribbon. I then glued the entire piece to my brown card base.

I love the gorgeous shimmer from the Glimmer Mist. You can see it better in this picture below:


When you tilt this card back and forth in your hands, that shimmer really puts on a show.  When you go shopping at Classy Cards 'n Such, feel free to use this code, Holly-10, when you check out.  You'll save 10% off your order.  :-)  I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

The Crafters Cafe #39 - Anything Goes
Stamp and Create - Feathers or Leaves (I used leaves)
Sparkle n Sprinkle - Anything Goes with Glitter, Embossing Powder, or Flocking (I used clear embossing powder)
365 Cards #327 - Beautiful Backgrounds
Addicted to Stamps #70 - Embossing - heat or dry

Have a wonderful day relaxing with your families on this beautiful Thanksgiving Day.  I hope you find a little quiet time to do some crafting or reading or even a little napping today!  :-)

4 comments:

Michele said...

gorgeous! have a wonderful thanksgiving! xo

Céline said...

fabulous, love the paper
thanks for playing with us at addicted to stamps
hugs
céline

cass said...

A beautifully crafted elegant card, gorgeous, thanks for joining us at Crafters Cafe this week.

Rene said...

Beautiful card! Love it's simplicity! Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at Stamp and Create! Good luck,
Rene :D