Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Autumn Birthday Wishes


Hi y'all!  I'm sharing a birthday card that I made for a special someone.  I wanted this card to be classy and elegant and still reflect the gorgeous colors of this fall season.  Here are the supplies from Classy Cards 'n Such that I used:
Floral Ovals dies - Spellbinders
Light Coral pearls - Want2Scrap
Francesca border die - Cheery Lynn Designs (not currently in stock, but can be ordered by contacting Beverly)
I started by adhering one of the gorgeous floral papers from the Romantique paper pad to a brown card base and I added a Francesca die cut border (in dark rust cardstock) to the top of the card.  The little flagtail strip on the side is handcut from another sheet of paper from the Romantique paper pad.  I tied the seam binding around the top and affixed two of the pearls to the bottom right corner.  I stamped the sentiment onto one of the cream-colored papers from the Romantique paper pad and cut it out with an oval die.  This was adhered to a larger oval die cut from a dark rust cardstock and then that was adhered to a brown Floral Oval die cut. 

I know you are itching to go shopping at Classy Cards 'n Such, so here's a code for you to save some money: Holly-10.  Enter that code when you check out and you will save 10% off your entire order.  :-)
I've already sent this to the birthday girl so she would have it before I posted this.  Hopefully she will enjoy this card as much as I enjoyed making it for her.  :-)  Happy Birthday, sweetie!!


I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Card Crafter's Circle #47 - patterned paper
Card Makin' Mamas - Anything Goes
Pause Dream Enjoy #44 - Orange and Brown

Wags 'n Whiskers #91 - Fall Colors



4 comments:

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the Vintage look of this elegant card. Thanks for entering Pause Dream Enjoy Orange & Brown challenge.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
PDE DT Group B

bellefrogworks said...

I'm not much of a card maker anymore - but that one caught my eye. Lovely colors and embelishments!

Judy said...

Very beautiful card!

Anne-Marie said...

Classy and elegant, indeed....it's beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing at Card Crafter's Circle....good luck!