Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Branch in the Window



Hi folks!  I have been playing with some new dies that I got from Classy Cards 'n Such, and I can't wait to share this one.  

I started this card by using the Bricks and Bark embossing folder on some red cardstock.  To enhance the brick pattern, I used some Barn Door distress ink as well as some dark brown ink to do the Cuttlebug Highlights technique from Technique Junkies.  I wanted a worn, shabby, country feel to my brick background.

Next, I die cut the fabulous Grand Madison Window from some natural white cardstock, and then I sponged some Antique Linen distress ink around the window and the window panes.  Did you see the cute curtain inside the window?  I used one of the patterned papers from the Harvest Lane 6x6 pad and die cut it with the Lace Light Deco border (Cheery Lynn Designs).  I needed to cover up the window so the brick wall wouldn't show through, so I measured the die cut window and cut a piece of natural white cardstock to a slightly smaller size.  The window is popped up with some Joy foam pads (small) to give the window some depth.

The Bare Branch was cut from some dark brown cardstock and I adhered this directly over the window.  Doesn't that give the impression that there is a huge tree off to the side with its limbs hanging down?  I love that.  :-)  I used the tiny leaf die (part of the Bare Branch die set) to cut multiple sets of leaves and then adhered the leaves to the ends of the branches.  The leaves haven't really changed color here in Texas yet.  Most are still green, with some turning ever so slightly with a yellowish tinge.  Lastly, I die cut the sweet Nestled Bird from the natural white cardstock and then I sponged some Antique Linen distress ink around it to give a more realistic bird-like appearance.  I used a Joy foam pad (small) to adhere the bird to one of the branches.  

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

4 Crafty Chicks - The Beauty of Leaves
Crafting for all Seasons #36 - Things with Wings (I have a small bird near the top of my window)
Sisterhood of Crafters - No Stamps (I didn't use any stamps on this card)


I hope you have a wonderful Friday!!  :-)




5 comments:

Darlene said...

This is fabulous Holly! Love the little scene you've created! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘NO STAMPS ALLOWED’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Micki said...

I absolutely love this. Wonderful use of dies. I saw the window/door die at my scrapbook store and didn't get it because ..well, I'm a bit die cut challenged. Now I wish I would have gotten it. Wonderful card. Thanks so much for playing along with us in the Sisterhood of Crafters for our "No Stamps Allowed" challenge.

Tamie said...

Sweet leaves on the branch. It goes so perfect with your window image. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks. Wonderful inspiration.

Leanne said...

Thanks for joining our leaves challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job!

Unknown said...

A lovely card with a nice clean scene :)
Thanks for joining us at CFAS! :)
Lizy DT x