Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Boy and his Turtles


For my card today, I have used this adorable Henri playing with turtles Bubba and Milo image from Stampavie.  This was stamped on watercolor paper, and I colored this with the great Distress Ink Markers and the Tim Holtz Water Brush - Detailer Brush Nib.  The sentiment is from Stampavie's Celebrate sentiment set - I love all the sentiment sets.  I bought every single one of them as soon as I saw them in the Classy Cards 'n Such store.  I used a piece of burlap behind the stamped image to give this a rustic, masculine feel.  There are no flowers nor ribbons on this card because I'll be giving this to my husband for his birthday.  :-)  He doesn't care for all the frou-frou stuff!  LOL

I'm entering this into the following challenges:

Delightful Challenges - Fabric, Fiber & Trim (I used burlap fabric.)
Great Impressions - Animals (There are turtles on my card.)
Here Come the Boys #33 - Boys Toys (Boys love playing with frogs and turtles! LOL)
Bloggers Challenge - Add Texture (I used burlap fabric.)


The colors of markers that I used on this image are:

Tattered Rose - skin
Peeled Paint - grass, turtles
Crushed Olive - grass, turtles
Spiced Marmalade - flowers
Vintage Photo - hair
Stormy Sky - overalls
Tumbled Glass - sky
Shabby Shutters - grass, turtles
Scattered Straw - shirt
Brushed Corduroy - hair

All of the Stampavie stamps are on sale at Classy Cards 'n Such this month.  Now is a great time to stock up on those hard-to-find images that you've had on your wish list.  Feel free to use this code, Holly-10, to save 10% when you check out at Classy Cards 'n Such.  I hope you've enjoyed all the Stampavie artwork I've been sharing this month.  I've had a great time playing with these sweet images, and I find myself wondering what I will color next!  Keep checking back as I will have more Stampavie goodness to share with you.  :-)


6 comments:

happyscrapper said...

What a lovely sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Delightful sketches and hope to see you back.
Hugz,
Christine

Lisa Somerville said...

How sweet! Wonderful coloring, love the added burlap! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

Words and Pictures said...

What a lovely card - the burlap framing is perfect with the dungaree-boy image! I collected Sarah Kay stickers as a kid so they always make me smile!
Alison x

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Here Come The Boys! Good Luck!! Woo xx

Anonymous said...

This is too cute! Love it!

Angela said...

What a sweet card! Love the burlap - wonderful texture & dimension...

Glad you were able to join us for the August Challenge at Great Impressions Stamps!

Hope to see you in the September Challenge!