Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Antique Glimmers Birthday Wishes

Hi folks!  I hope you're doing well this week!  I'm sharing this lacy and romantic birthday card with you today.  The cards that I make the most are birthday cards and Christmas cards, and I love having birthday cards on hand when those special days pop up.


I started with an Antique Glimmers technique from Technique Junkies for my background.  The patterned paper on the left side matches my background piece beautifully, so I used that as inspiration for coloring the fancy image from the Shabby Chic Labels 4 stamp set with Copic markers.  I used a Stardust Clear Glitter Pen on the fancy vines for a sweet shimmery touch.  You can see the glitter in the close-up picture.  This fancy image was cut out with a Labels 4 Spellbinders die.  I stamped the "Birthday Wishes" from the Birthday Sentiment Set and cut it out with a circle die, and then I matted it with its matching scallop circle.  I used foam dots to adhere the sentiment to the center of the fancy label image.

Did you see the gorgeous lace in the store?  This Ecru Delight lace is beautiful!  I used two strips of it on the left side of my card and then adhered a small piece of brown cardstock in the center of the two pieces of lace.  A row of pearls really sets off the beauty of the lace.  You can see the gorgeous shimmer of the Antique Glimmers background in this picture below:



Here are the products from Classy Cards 'n Such that I have used on my card:

Ecru Delight lace
Shabby Chic Labels 4 stamp set (JustRite)
Birthday Sentiments stamp set (JustRite)
Stardust Gelly Roll glitter pen
Joy! Foam Dots small

If you'd like to go shopping at Classy Cards 'n Such, use this code, Holly-10, to save 10% off your order when you check out.  There's a wonderful variety of paper crafting products in the store to choose from, and the owner adds new things all the time.  Check it out at Classy Cards 'n Such!



1 comment:

stampqueen said...

Very pretty card!!!!