Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sympathy with Cluny Lace


Have you played along in the Lace challenge on the Classy Cards 'n Such blog?  I've created a sympathy card with some gorgeous lace from the Classy Cards 'n Such store.



I purchased some Ivory Cotton Cluny lace, and when I opened the package, my jaw literally fell open.  This lace is GORGEOUS!  So soft, so beautiful, so elegant!  I bought 2 yards, so I still have plenty left over for more cards and projects.  There is also a Black Cotton Cluny lace, and that is definitely going on my next order!  Beverly (the owner) will cut the ribbon and lace to the length you order.  Some stores sell pre-cut ribbons in 1 yard pieces, and I don't like that.  Classy Cards 'n Such cuts it in one continuous length, which is exactly how I want my ribbons/laces.

I stamped the swirly frame from the With Sympathy stamp set with brown ink onto brown cardstock and then cut it out with the matching Nested Oval Medallion Labels die.  I stamped the sentiment with brown ink onto ivory cardstock, then cut it out with an oval Spellbinders die.  I used the Wisped Frames technique from Technique Junkies on the sentiment and then adhered it to the brown frame.  I added a couple of pearls to each side of the frame.

I cut some papers from the Vintage Blue paper pad and adhered them to a brown card base.  The yellow paper needed a little something, so I stamped the corners with one of the ornamental stamps in the With Sympathy set.  Next, I cut the gorgeous Ivory Cotton Cluny lace and adhered it to the blue paper on my card.  The framed sentiment was adhered with some foam pads to the center of the card.

I could have left the card alone at that point, but I just wanted to add a few small flowers to it.  So I used some of the same yellow paper from the Vintage Blue paper pad and cut out three of the smaller flowers from the Cherry Blossoms die set.  I sponged the edges with some brown ink, added some pearls to the centers, and adhered them to the card.

I've used the following products from Classy Cards 'n Such on this card:

Ivory Cotton Cluny lace
With Sympathy stamps (Just Rite)
Nested Oval Medallion Labels die (Spellbinders)
Cherry Blossoms dies (Cheery Lynn Designs)
LeCreme Pearls
Vintage Blue paper
Joy! Foam Pads Small

Please take some time to check out the gorgeous ribbons and laces in the store.  Use my code, Holly-10, to save 10% off your order when you check out.  I hope you play along in the challenge - you could win a fabulous prize!



2 comments:

BarbaraW said...

Holly, This is beautiful. I think I have to have some of that lace.

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, sooo pretty and vintage...ya know I love that beautiful lace!!!!