Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Shabby Chic challenge card


Happy Tuesday, folks! Have you seen the sketch challenge over on the Classy Cards 'n Such blog? This is a fun and easy sketch, and I created a shabby chic card using that sketch. The products that I used from the Classy Cards 'n Such store are:

Shabby Chic Labels 4 (JustRite stamps)
Victorian Velvet distress ink
Spun Sugar distress ink
Bundled Sage distress ink
Chalk White seam binding (dyed with Victorian Velvet distress ink)

I am also entering this card in the following challenges:

Bunny Zoe's Crafts #22 - Shabby Chic/Vintage
Love to Create #6 - About the Ladies
Craft Room Challenge - Shabby Vintage


I started by stamping the Eau de Cologne image with black ink onto white cardstock, and then I watercolored it with the distress inks listed above.

While the ink was drying, I smooshed the Victorian Velvet distress ink onto my craft mat, misted the Chalk White seam binding with water, and then smooshed the seam binding into the ink on my craft mat. When I was happy with the coverage of ink on the ribbon, I crumpled it up in my hand and then set it aside to dry.

The black card base measures 4.25" square, so I cut some designer paper (Madison Avenue from My Mind's Eye) to 4" square and rounded off the edges with a corner chomper. The black designer paper measures 3" x 3.75" and I used a corner punch on the corners. The stamped and colored image was cut with a Labels 4 die, and then I sponged some Antique Linen distress ink all over it to give it an aged, shabby appearance.

When the seam binding was dry, I wrapped it loosely around my fingers and then tied it in the middle. I love the crumpled, wrinkled look of this hand-dyed ribbon! It's perfect for shabby chic cards!

I hope you have a wonderful day! It's going to be hovering around 80 degrees all week long here, so it definitely feels like spring. I even saw some bluebonnets lining the highway yesterday!

10 comments:

Mervi said...

stunning and shabby card, very beautiful

Thank you for sharing this with us at Craft-Room Vintage Challenge, good luck;-))m

Karen Petitt said...

The stamp is wonderful, your card is fantastic - beautiful use of colour hugs Karen

Michele Roos said...

This is such a gorgeous card. Love the design used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this month at Bunny Zoe Crafts. Hugs Michele x

Zoechaos said...

Delicious card, the ribbon is gorgeous Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room challenge good luck XOXO Zoe

Maria said...

This is lovely, I really like the label stamp. I do love colouring with distress inks. Thanks for joining in with us at the Craft-Room Challenge, and good luck.

Maria x

craft-roomjulia said...

I love this so much, a really beautiful shabby card. Thanks for joining us at Craft Room Challenge and good luck. Julia xx

Chris (catt871) said...

This is so CHIC! I LOVE the big label and the pretty bow. THANKS for playing along with us at Love to Create!!! Good luck!
Hugs,
Chris

Jackie Randolph said...

Beautiful shabby card Holly! Thanks for joining us at Love to Create :-)

Crafty and Green said...

What a beautiful Card! Love the big bow! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge!

Many Blessings,
Tina

hazel said...

a beautiful card, I love it. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.