Pages

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Indigo Dragonfly Love


Howdy, y'all!  I am playing along with a challenge with my UBlue teammates where we are creating 15 cards in 15 days(#team15in15).  This is my card for today (#6) and I thought I'd share it here on my blog with y'all.  You can see the first five cards on my Facebook page.

I had a vague idea of stamping a wood background and putting a dragonfly on it, but as I was working, it morphed into this.  I have to say, I am in LOVE.  I stamped the Hardwood background with Island Indigo ink and then I sponged the same color around the edges.  The ferns were stamped with Tranquil Tide ink and I did some second-generation stamping for those faded ferns.  The dragonfly was stamped with Island Indigo ink and then cut out with the matching die.  Finally, I stamped the sentiment with Island Indigo ink and cut it out.  

I keep looking at this and envisioning this in all kinds of different colors.  I would love to have an entire rainbow of cards like this in my stash.  It would be fun to send this out to all my friends.

I hope you have a wonderful week!

Stamps (all Stampin Up) - Hardwood, Dragonfly Dreams, Butterfly Basics (fern), Wood Words (sentiment)
Ink - Island Indigo, Tranquil Tide
Paper - white, Island Indigo


No comments: