Pages

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Spitfire Dad card



Are you ready for Father's Day? With the fabulous new Dads and Grads release from Frantic Stamper, I've got my card ready to go. :-)
I started by sprinkling some Navy and Royal blue Infusions powders onto some white cardstock and then I misted that with some water. After it dried, I glued a strip of blue cardstock across the piece. Then I cut it out with the Deckled Squares die (10105). LOVE these deckled squares!! They are great for masculine cards.
For the airplane, I used the awesome Spitfire die (09490) and cut it out from scrap cardstock. I went over the whole thing with Autumn Bronze gilding wax and buffed it to a nice shine. This gilding wax makes these planes look like real vintage metal - so cool! I cut out this Spitfire again from blue cardstock and glued it behind my "metal" plane so that the blue would show up in the holes.
I used the same gilding wax on the die cut letters. These letters were cut from Frantic Stamper's Mattie Thin Upper Alphabet set (09261). After I buffed the wax on these letters, I glued them down onto the small blue strip.

Products I used from Frantic Stamper:



No comments: