Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Watercolored Sunflowers


Hi everyone!  I felt like coloring Friday night, so I pulled out my Winsor and Newton artist watercolor paints and started watercoloring this image from Power Poppy.  There were only 10 of these tubes of paint in this set, so I got creative and started mixing some colors together.  I wanted each flower to be unique, so it was fun to mix up all sorts of different colors for my flowers.

You can see my paint palette below:


Even though I was limited to the 10 tubes of paint, I think I managed to get a broad range of colors.  My goal was to have all kinds of yellows, oranges, and reds, with that tiny touch of green for the foliage.  This will be going to a sweet friend whom I love to "talk nerdy" with.  LOL!

Stamps: In Praise of Sunflowers and Sassy Succulents (sentiment) from Power Poppy
Ink: SU Archival Black
Paint: Winsor and Newton artist watercolor paints








No comments: