Pages

Monday, July 25, 2016

CAS387 Shimmery Mistletoe




Happy Monday! The CAS challenge over on SCS this week (CAS387) is Christmas in July. I love making Christmas cards. When I saw this challenge, I knew the time had come for me to try something with my newest Christmas dies. 

I pulled out this winter foliage frame from PTI and cut it from white cardstock. Let me tell you - it was a PAIN! The first two were abject failures. I tried again with lots and lots of shims and finally got something that was almost decent. There were a couple of fussy pine branches that did not cut through completely, so you know what? I cut those babies off. LOL If you have this die and you're wondering why mine looks so different, there ya go. LOL!

Sooooo after a little water break, I decided to spray my frame with some green Mistletoe Glimmer Mist. I love Glimmer Mist! I set this aside to dry and set about cutting out the sentiment. These sentiment dies from Penny Black cut like buttah - noooooo problems! Whew! I cut it from white cardstock, and then I decided to color it with a dark red Copic marker for that traditional red and green Christmas combo.

Instead of adhering these to a white card base, I jazzed things up by using some shimmery Poison Ivory cardstock for my base. It feels like a real extravagance when I use shimmery cardstocks for my bases. :-)

Escape the heat dome and come play along in our CAS387 challenge this week. We'd love to see what your Christmas cards look like!  

No comments: