Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2016

CAS375 Imzadi


For this week's CAS challenge, we are making wedding/anniversary cards (CAS375).  I decided to make a card for my hubby and it took me a few days of thinking about it before I came up with this.  He loves Star Trek, so I thought it would be fun to incorporate that into his card.

I started by cutting some white cardstock into a circle frame by using some circle dies.  I then drew the asymmetrical triangle onto some white cardstock and then cut it out.  The fun part was spraying these pieces with several different colors of Distress Stain Sprays.  I used Picket Fence, Mermaid Lagoon, Lucky Clover, Tumbled Glass, and Salty Ocean sprays.

While this piece was drying, I cut out the letters from white cardstock.  Imzadi means "my beloved" in the Betazed language (an alien race in the Star Trek world), so I thought that would be perfect for an anniversary card.  As I laid it out on the black cardstock, I decided I didn't like the white letters, so I colored them with a silver Sharpie marker.  I also used the same silver marker on the white card base.

When the sprayed pieces were dry, I glued the triangle shape on top of the circle frame and adhered that to the black background.  I love the space/galaxy/universe coloring on that Star Trek emblem.

Come play along with us over in the CAS challenges!  If you upload a wedding or anniversary card, please use keyword CAS375 so we can see what you've created.

1 comment:

Chrissy D said...

OK - that is funny - I bet your man LOVED IT!