Pages

Friday, January 30, 2015

Gelato Drips and Winnie the Pooh


Hi folks!  I was looking this week's colors for the Color Throwdown Challenge #327, and I thought I'd try these colors with the Gelato Drips technique from Technique Junkies (December 2014 issue).  I love these colors together - they work beautifully when they blend together and drip down the cardstock.  

I paired this technique with this sweet quote from Winnie the Pooh.  This stamp is from Verses Rubber Stamps and it can be found here (scroll down near the bottom of the page - QQ0860-D).  This card is so vibrant and alive, I just couldn't think of anything else to add to it.  I did not want to cover up all those gorgeous drips with any ribbon or butterflies or anything else.  Sometimes it's best to keep it very clean and simple!  :-)




7 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wow, you really did a bank up job with this technique. I'm challenged when it comes to getting the drips to drip properly. Love the sentiment.

Kim said...

Oh, I love this look!! So fun and very artistic. Great job with the gellatos. :>)

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, your gelato drips make such an incredible background! You've inspired me to try this technique! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

Broni said...

I LOVE how this turned out, Holly! Absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Hiya Holly, I'm loving your backgrounds! I've got some gelatos just hanging around in my drawer waiting for some love.... I'll have to follow your lead! Great card!
x Jean

Joan Ervin said...

Oh my word, Holly...this looks FABULOUS!!!! I looove how the colors blend together and the sentiment is sooo sweet!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!!!!

Jodi Collins said...

FANTASTIC!!!!! The gelato drips are STUNNING and I love that sentiment!!