Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Stickled Tea Rose



Hi friends!  I have a shimmery, glittery flower to share with you today. Classy Cards 'n Such just got some new Stickles colors in the store, and I grabbed some as soon as I saw them. Stickles are colored glitters suspended in bottles of glue, so you just squirt it out onto your project and let it dry.

For my card today, I started by pulling out the new Blueprints #4 die set (MFT) and I played around with the different dies. I settled on this layout, and cut out some watercolor paper with the largest rectangle die (there are three small rectangles in this set). I temporarily glued three of the watercolor paper rectangles down onto my table, inked up the Old Tea Rose stamp (Flourishes) with permanent gray ink, and stamped it onto the rectangles.

After waiting a few minutes to make sure the ink was dry, I pulled out some Distress Markers and my Water Brush and colored in the rose. I used the Spun Sugar Distress Marker and the Victorian Velvet Distress Marker for the rose petals and Peeled Paint Distress Marker and Shabby Shutters Distress Marker on the stem and leaves. I set these three pieces aside to dry completely while I assembled the rest of the card.

The A2 card base is a dark green cardstock folded in half. I pulled out the Love Letters paper pad and found this lovely pale pink paper that matched my Tea Rose nicely. I cut this paper with the largest die in the Blueprints #4 set and adhered it to my dark green card base. The same Love Letters paper pad had a darker rose pink paper in there, so I cut that out with the long rectangle die from the Blueprints #4 set. I cut out the small scallop border (also from Blueprints #4) twice with dark green cardstock and then adhered it behind the dark rose rectangle.

When the watercolor rose was completely dry, I sponged all three pieces with Antique Linen distress ink. Then I pulled out the Stickles and had some fun! I used Pink Taffeta Stickles on the flower and Mercury Glass Stickles on the stem and leaves. I just squirted out a little bit and then used my finger to dab it around here and there. I didn't want to completely cover up the image; I just wanted a nice hint of glitter and shimmer.

Once these pieces dried, I glued them down onto the dark rose piece and then glued that down on my card. The lower right corner seemed a bit empty, so I stamped the butterfly from the Old Tea Rose set (Flourishes) onto watercolor paper. I colored it with the same Distress Markers as the flower - Spun Sugar and Victorian Velvet - and let it dry. I carefully cut it out with scissors and then dabbed some Pink Taffeta Stickles on the butterfly wings before affixing it to the card.

How pretty are those Stickles? I love em! I also love these new Blueprints die sets - they make card layouts so easy! Give them a try - I know you'll have fun with them!  Be sure to use this code, Holly-10, to save 10% off your order when you go shopping at Classy Cards 'n Such.  :-)

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Creative Card Crew #44 - Things with Wings
Anything Goes #100 - In the Garden
Sparkle 'n Sprinkle - Anything Goes with Glitter, etc.
Lady Anne - Must Have Wings
Craft Your Passion #179 - Glitter and Gloss

6 comments:

Barbara Bruder said...

Your tea rose is very pretty and glittery. Love the design you used.The butterfly is the perfect addition to this card. Thanks for joining us at the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge this month. Hugs, Barbara { personal blog - Art and Soul Creations}

Janine said...

Gorgeous card Holly. Love the layout and the shimmering rose is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes.
Hugs, Janine xx

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Holly! Wonderfully soft and peaceful rose! I like the technique of making the single rose a triad! Wow! :-) Thank you for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle this month! I hope you will submit more of your pretty cards to the challenge in the future! hugs, Donna {Creative Smiles}

Mei said...

Love the glittery rose! Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Card Crew!

Mei
CCC DT
Love to Create DT
Crazy Challenge DT
Anyone for Anya DT

Bonnie Irvine said...

I am so happy to see those blueprint dies in action. Your card is beautiful from the paper choices to the watercoloured rose and the gorgeous little butterfly. The Stickles add just the right amount of magic to the design. Thanks for joining our Glitter and Gloss challenge at Craft Your Passion this week. I hope we see you again soon.

Lady Anne Milnes-Howard said...

Fabulous. Thank You for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
Love ~ Lady Anne xx

Lady Anne's Challenge's
Lady Anne's Blog