Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Happy Birthday, Flourishes!


Flourishes is celebrating their fifth birthday, and I thought it would be fun to make a birthday card for them.  I love Flourishes stamps, and I have quite a few.  I used to chase the challenges with Amanda Havon (now on their DT, yay!!), and then I got busy with other things and I haven't been able to play along as much lately.  I made time for it after I watched The Pioneer Woman (Food Network), and this is what I came up with.

I used the sketch challenge from The Sweet Stop (SSS170) and some papers from Dear Lizzie for my card base.  I stamped the cup from the Mix 'n Mugs set (Flourishes), masked the cup, and then stamped the flowers so they appear to be inside the cup.  I also stamped the sentiment right onto the cup - so cute!  The image is colored with Copic markers, and then I used the Wisped Frame technique from Technique Junkies around the oval.  Some bright yellow seam binding gives the card base a fun pop of color.  :-)

Would you like to make a birthday card for Flourishes?  Their challenge is HERE and you could win free stamps!  

Happy Birthday, Flourishes!


1 comment:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Holly. Such a pretty image and colors. The soft DP looks wonderful. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.