Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

CHF Challenge #4 - Birthday



It's that time again  - a new challenge is up on the Cornish Heritage Farms blog!  This time we have been challenged to create a birthday card or tag.  I've gone with a birthday card, but mine is a masculine birthday as opposed to a girly, feminine birthday card.  

I started out by stamping the Denim backgrounder with some Saffron ink onto white cardstock.  You can see the Denim background in the close-up picture below:


I then pulled out my Antiques stamp set and A Time to Stamp set and randomly stamped the clocks and keys all over the background with red and brown inks.  The sentiment is from A Time to Stamp and I thought that was a wonderful sentiment for a birthday card.  The inside of the card has a "Happy Birthday" sentiment from an older CHF set (not currently available in the store).


Play along in this fun challenge - we'd love to see what you create!  Go to the Cornish Heritage Farms blog to enter your creation.  There is a fantastic prize for a lucky player!  Need more inspiration?  Check out what my fellow CHF design team members have created for this CHF challenge.

Anne Harmon
Barb Gmitro-Best
Barbara Bruder
Cindy Haffner
Dawn Bennett
Debbie Standard
Deneen Treble
Dianne Beans
Frances Byrne - DT Coordinator
Holly Brown - YOU ARE HERE
Jacqueline Smith
Kris Chirhart
Kristine Reynolds
Lisa Silver
Michele L
Petra Amico
Silke Kittmann
Steph Ackerman
Vicki Davis

9 comments:

Barb said...

Very TIMELY card, Holly! Love it!

Kristine Reynolds said...

Great birthday card! Love the color combo!

Kris Chirhart said...

Awesome card!! I just LOVE the denim background, and your color combo is great!!

Dianne Beans said...

Love the way you created your own designer paper. Very pretty.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love all the time images, Holly! Wonderful!

Deneen said...

Great card, love how you made your own patterned paper.

Jacqueline Smith said...

What a really fantastic card!

Barbara Bruder said...

I love how you made the collage!! It looks great!I really like this stamp set.

Vicki said...

I love how you made the background paper from the stamps. I should do that more. Nice card!