Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Glittery Blue Butterfly


Have you played in the latest challenge on the Classy Cards 'n Such blog - Glitter?  I love glitter!  There are many beautiful colors in the Classy Cards 'n Such store, and I bought every single one of them!  LOL   On this card, I kept it clean and simple and just used one color of glitter - Crystal Ice.  This is gorgeous on white cardstock, and it's sheer enough that you can use it on colored cardstock as well.




For this card, I used the following products:

Crystal Ice glitter
Flower Flourish embossing folder
Celebrate stamp set (Stampavie)
Lacey Circles (Spellbinders)
Exotic Butterfly Small #2 (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Angel Wing, Small #2 (Cheery Lynn Designs)
May Arts Textured Ribbon - Light Blue/White
Joy Foam Pads Small

I cut out the butterfly from white cardstock and used the Glitter Roll technique from Technique Junkies to adhere the Crystal Ice glitter.  The matching angel wing was cut from blue cardstock and adhered to the white butterfly.  I cut out a circle from white cardstock and stamped the sentiment with blue ink at the bottom of the circle.  I adhered that to a Lacey Circle that was cut from blue cardstock.

The background is embossed with the Flower Flourish embossing folder and I folded a strip of the gorgeous ribbon over the top before adhering it to a blue card base.  I cut the end of the ribbon in a fishtail look, and I adhered the circles over the ribbon with some Joy foam pads.  I used some more foam pads to adhere the butterfly above the sentiment.  I purposely placed the butterfly at an angle so it looks like it is in flight.  :-)

I hope you pull out your stash of glitter and play along in this challenge.  You can find the challenge details here - just enter your card in the linky list at the bottom of the challenge post.  You could be the lucky one to win a fun shopping spree at Classy Cards 'n Such!

Wanna go shopping now?  Save 10% off your order by using this code, Holly-10, when you check out at Classy Cards 'n Such.  There's so many great things in the store, you'll have a wish list a mile long!  :-)

2 comments:

Michele said...

this is just lovely! xo

Shelly said...

Beautiful, as always!! Love your artwork!